Monday, July 09, 2007

Tea time


Normally the kids wake us up in the morning and no lie in goes much past 9am. But with them having a sleepover at my mums this weekend Mistress and I could really pull out the lay stops.

As I lay awake in the morning I debated whether to offer Mistress a cup of tea. If I do so, She normally accepts. If I don’t then when ready She will instruct me to go and make tea. To date its been a 50/50 split between me offering and Her instructing. I feel that this is wrong. She knows I am there to make Her tea and is perfectly capable of deciding when this should be without input from me.

So I decided to talk about it. I asked, for the rest of our lives together, would She like me to offer Her tea in the morning, or wait for Her to ask. Her initial response was that it was fine for me to offer. But I made the observation to Her that She knew I was there to make tea for Her, and so perhaps it made more sense for me to lie quietly until She said She as ready, because then She would get tea when only when She wants it, always when She wants it, and not be troubled any other time.
Mistress contemplated this and to my delight agreed. She can decide when She wants a cup of tea and in future I will not offer, but will wait to be told when She is ready.

No comments: